The Mallee Domestic Violence Service (MDVS) provides assistance to victims-survivors with or without children who are in crisis as a result of domestic violence.
Our services include:
- 24-hour crisis support and intervention.
- Crisis refuge accommodation: safe, short, medium and long-term emergency transitional accommodation for women and children escaping family violence.
- Emergency accommodation for men is provided
- Forensic medical services.
- Support for victims wishing to access the criminal justice system.
- Outreach services.
- Community education and awareness raising about family violence and sexual assault.
- Development and implementation of educational programs and school-based prevention programs.
- Quality care from the appropriately trained and experienced staff, respectful of privacy and dignity regardless of social status, disability, age, sex, race, religion or political belief.
- Short, medium, long-term counseling, advocacy and support for women, men, children, and families to assist with making informed decisions about their circumstances and safety.
- Referrals on behalf of the victim-survivor to other services as necessary.
- Establishment of protocols with relevant organisations in the Mallee region.
- Well demonstrated integrated response to family violence with the Police, Courts, Child Protection Unit, Mental Health Services, and other Health Services.
- Liaison and consultation with community groups in relation to sexual assault and family violence issues.
- Quality resources, skills, and information.
- crisis refuge accommodation
- medium security accommodation
- options – about your situation, and support you in whatever choices you make
- counselling – we offer short term and long term counselling
- advocacy – that we are willing to talk to other services for and on behalf of you
- information – about domestic violence and other services
- referrals – we are willing to refer you onto other services to meet your needs
- support – we can help you in whatever your needs are, eg. attend appointments with you etc.
- assistance – we offer to help you network and get yourself re-established in the community
- outreach services – we offer support even if you’re not wanting to leave your situation. We also offer to follow up support for women and women with children that have left the refuge.